News You Can Use!

This is an important time for Parish Nurses/Faith Community Nurses, and there are many things happening for education, resources, opportunities, programming, and the list goes on and on!  Please help others from having to reinvent the wheel and share the important things with all of us!

9 Comments Add yours

1. Carol DeSchepper says:

I am looking for a curriculum or outline focused on orientation of lay parishioners who will start doing visitation ministry. Does anyone have a format or content, or method to deliver content?

2. H. Marie Wiegert says:

I found a guidebook that you can download. Are the lay parishioners also going to offer Communion?
    http://www.susanjvitucci.com/writing/Writing…..DOROT_F_V_Guidebook pdf
    This may give you some ideas that you could use for your situation.

1. Carol DeSchepper says:

Thanks, Marie. This site is temporarily unavailable, but I will check back.

3. Sondra Weinzierl says:

Carol, I have developed guidelines and an orientation for my congregational care visitors. I go over the guidelines and orientation on
    a one:one basis and try to review it with them on an annual basis. Would that be helpful?

1. Carol DeSchepper says:

That would be helpful, if you don’t mind sharing. You can email it to me at cjdeschepper@gmail.com

4. June Sand says:

The Communication Committee of the ELPNA is working diligently on the web site. Do you have ideas for us to use on a members only page? We would like a special page to reach out to our membership and want to include items that would be helpful. Looking forward to the groups comments.

5. Brenda Bauer says:

I use a program from Resource Ministry called “Ministry to the Homebound”. I also utilize for the part on grief and dying ministry the program from Resource called “Being a Grief Helper”

6. Yvette Dulohery says:

Hello Everyone! I just added the Daily Bible Reading to the bottom section of the blog. I hope you find it beneficial! Yours in Faith, Yvette

7. Carolyn Crowe says:

Nancy Roberts and I hosted the breakout session for Lutheran FCNs during the 2018 Westberg Symposium. We distributed ELPNA membership forms and brochures, and would like to encourage members to attend next year’s symposium in Memphis: April 8-10, 2019.

Westberginstitute.org